I’m back with a baking blog post for the first time in months! I’ve been so busy and not had chance to get round to it but I thought I’d share the recipe I made to create this yummy gluten-free and vegan lemon drizzle cake!
My mother is gluten-free and allergic to eggs, so when I bake, I am always looking for new alternatives and I often experiment with bakes. If you are not gluten-free, you can substitute the gluten-free flour for normal self-raising flour, it works just the same 😊
The recipe for this tasty gluten-free vegan lemon drizzle cake can be found below:
|Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake|
Prep Time: 20 mins Bake Time: 30 mins
220g gluten-free self-raising flour
180g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
240ml soya milk
75ml vegetable oil
Zest of 1 lemon
60g caster sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°.
2. Get your tin (I used a Bundt tin, but a loaf or circle tin will be great too) and grease with a little oil or vegan butter. Then, cut baking paper to fit your tin.
3. To make the cake, put the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix together.
4. Add the soya milk, oil and vanilla extract to the mixture and whisk it until combined.
5. Pour the batter into your tin and place in the middle of your oven. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, to make the drizzle, mix the caster sugar and lemon juice together in a bowl to make a runny glaze.
7. When the cake is baked, take it out and place it on a cooling rack. Then prick the top of the cake with a cocktail stick and drizzle the glaze on.
8. Alternatively, drizzle half of the glaze on. With the other half, add icing sugar (approximately 50g) to make a thick icing, you may need to add more. Then, drizzle the icing on top of the cake. Decorate with lemon slices if desired.
9. Finally, enjoy!
If you use my recipe, please let me know in the comments. Happy Baking 🙂