Chocolatey and crunchy, these choc nut biscuits are not only delicious but really simple to make. If you’re looking for a chocolatey bake, this one is for you!
The simplicity of this recipe comes from the fact that shortbread is only three ingredients: flour, butter and sugar. The cocoa powder is just an added bonus and makes this biscuit rich and chocolatey.
Top tips: Put flour on the rolling pin as well as on the surface to prevent the dough from sticking! And put the cutter in the flour each time you use it to get a clean finish on the biscuits.
I really enjoyed making these yummy treats. You can find the recipe for the Choc Nut Biscuits below:
|Choc Nut Biscuits Recipe|
Prep Time: 15 mins Bake Time: 15 mins
175g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
75g caster sugar
100g milk chocolate
100g chopped nuts
1. Wash your hands and surfaces before baking.
2. Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder and sugar into a mixing bowl and then add the butter.
3. Next, rub the butter into the dry mixture using your finger tips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Gather it together with your hands until it forms a dough and then place it into the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to gas mark 5, 190C or 375-Fan and line your baking tray with baking parchment.
5. Lightly flour your surface and take the dough out of the fridge, coating it in the flour. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to around 1cm thickness.
6. Using your cutter, cut out your biscuits (I used a diamond cutter but any is fine!) and place them onto the baking tray in batches of 8, ensuring they are not touching. Bake them for 15-18 minutes.
7. Once baked, place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes or until fully cool.
8. When the biscuits are cool, heat up your milk chocolate either in the microwave in a heatproof bowl or on the hob, on a low heat over a bain marie.
9. Using the back of a spoon, place the chocolate onto one half of the biscuit. Then sprinkle some of the chopped nuts on top. Alternatively, you can sprinkle the chocolate on the middle of the biscuit and then put the nuts on.
10. Lastly, enjoy!
Thank you for reading. If you decide to use my recipe and bake some choc nut biscuits please let me know in the comments. Enjoy!