Simple and sumptuous, these Apple Crumble Cupcakes should be added to the top of your baking list. They are fluffy and absolutely delicious!
If you love apple crumble and you love cupcakes, you need these in your life! They are the perfect snack (although a little messy) and they are so tasty. The cinnamon sponge mixed with the crunchiness of the apples is the best combination. I really enjoyed baking these as they are different to my usual cupcakes. I’d love to hear what you think if you bake them!
|Apple Crumble Cupcakes Recipe |
Prep Time: 25 mins Bake Time: 20-25 mins
100g plain flour
50g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
175g caster sugar
175g self-raising flour
2 large apples
1. Wash your hands and surfaces before baking.
2. Fill a cupcake tray with cupcake cases and preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190C or 375-Fan.
3. To make the crumble put the flour, sugar and butter into a bowl and rub with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Set aside for later.
4. In another bowl peel the apples and finely chop into chunks. Set aside for later.
5. To make the cupcakes put the butter and sugar into a bowl. Cream together with a wooden spoon or a whisk until creamy.
6. Add the eggs bit by bit and whisking continually. Then, gradually put in the flour, whisking until the cake mixture is formed.
7. Add the cinnamon and apples to the cake mixture, stirring until combined.
8. Next, spoon the cake mixture into the cupcake cases, filling it about 2/3 of the way.
9. When you have filled the cupcake cases, use a teaspoon to spoon the crumble mixture on top of the cupcakes.
10. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Lastly, enjoy!
Thank you for reading. Please let me know if you use my recipe! Have a great day.