Sweet and gooey, these Chocolate Orange Brownies are a heavenly treat! I know I’m biased, but these are deliciously decadent. What’s better than a chocolate orange and brownies? Chocolate Orange Brownies!
I have been lactose intolerant since I was around 6 months old. However, I have begun to grow out of a lot of the intolerance’s. Although I cannot have direct milk or yogurt I’m able to eat chocolate, in moderation. These chocolate orange brownies are one of my favourite things to bake and eat, and definitely fulfil my chocolate intake for the day! Find the recipe below, you don’t want to miss out on these tasty treats!
|Chocolate Orange Brownies Recipe|
Prep Time: 20 mins Bake Time: 20-30 mins
Servings: 9-12 (Depending on tray size)
-200g milk chocolate (dark chocolate for a more richer brownie)
-200g caster sugar
-4 medium eggs
-100g plain flour
-40g cocoa powder
-zest of half an orange
-1 Terry’s chocolate orange
1. Wash hands and wipe down kitchen surfaces before starting.
2. First, either in the microwave or on the hob over a bain-marie, melt the butter and milk chocolate together in a heatproof bowl. Stir until melted, ensuring there are no clumps of butter or chocolate. Set aside to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 177C or 350 fan. Lightly grease a baking tray with butter and line with parchment paper.
4. In a small bowl whisk the eggs together until fluffy.
5. Place the sugar and half the eggs into a bowl and whisk, gradually adding the rest of the eggs until the mixture is pale and has doubled in size. You will know when it is ready when you lift the whisk up and it leaves a trail.
6. Pour the butter and chocolate mixture into the sugar and eggs, folding slowly until combined.
7. Next, sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture, folding carefully to ensure the air is not knocked out! Add the orange zest and mix again.
EXTRA – For a more chocolatey brownie, chop up half of the chocolate orange and put into the brownie mixture. Stir until it is fully combined.
8. When the brownie mixture is ready, evenly pour it into the baking tray.
9. Add the Terry’s chocolate orange pieces on top of the brownies about 2cm apart, I used 9 with the size of my tray!
10. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until baked but slightly gooey in the middle. Leave in the tray to cool when baked.
11. Finally, enjoy!
Thank you for reading, I’d love to know if you bake these Chocolate Orange Brownies!