Crunchy, sweet and extremely tasty, these pistachio and white chocolate biscuits are not only easy to make but a yummy treat for all!
For my first bake on Books and Baking, I wanted to do something simple but delicious. These pistachio and white chocolate biscuits are hands down my favourite quick bake to make. Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been baking for a long time, these biscuits are an indulgent and easy bake! Find the recipe below.
|Pistachio and White Chocolate Biscuits Recipe|
Prep Time: 30 mins Bake Time: 12-15 mins Chill Time: 10 mins
-200g plain flour
-75g caster sugar
-75g pistachio nuts, finely chopped
-1/2tsp vanilla extract
-100g white chocolate
1. Wash hands and kitchen surfaces before starting.
2. First, finely chop the pistachio nuts, avoiding big chunks. Set 10g aside for toppings.
3. Next place the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix until creamy. Add the pistachio nuts, vanilla extract and half of the plain flour to the bowl. Stir and gradually add the rest of the flour bit by bit forming a dough.
4. Place the dough into the fridge for 10 minutes to chill. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to Gas mark 5, 190C or 375-Fan and line your baking tray with baking parchment.
5. Lightly flour your surface and roll the dough to about 1cm in thickness. Cut your biscuits and place them on the baking tray. I would recommend baking them in batches of 8 for 12-15 minutes.
6. Once baked, place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes or until fully cool.
7. When the biscuits are cool, heat up your white chocolate either in the microwave in a heatproof bowl or on the hob, on a low heat over a bain marie.
8. Using the back of a spoon, place chocolate on half of the biscuit and sprinkle the chopped pistachios on. Continue until you have finished coating and putting pistachios on all of the biscuits. You can also sprinkle the chocolate on as I have done on some of my biscuits.
9. Lastly, enjoy!!
Thank you for reading, if you decide to bake some pistachio and white chocolate biscuits let me know in the comments. Enjoy!